NEVADA WOLVERINES BASKETBALL PROGRAM
Nevada C.C. Wolverines Basketball program is a non-profit organization, founded in 2010 by The Children’s Cabinet, Inc. to help children in the development of social, athletic and academic skills. The goal of our program is to foster positive growth and development of students throughout their elementary school, middle school and high school years with the ultimate achievement being successful college careers. The Nevada C.C. Wolverines strives to help our participants in achieving an academic level that will help them with college admissions and/or be eligible for a college scholarship through sports.
- Our emphasis is essentially student achievement achieved by the following:
- Improving participant’s academic performance. We require the kids to maintain an acceptable GPA in order to participate in our athletic program. We provide our student athletes with mentors committed to their success in both school as well as their personal life.
- Keeping kids busy and out of trouble through basketball training.
- Provide proper guidance and support for participants that otherwise may be missing from their personal lives.
Nevada C.C. Wolverines Basketball Program
The Nevada C.C. Wolverines program will run in two forms. One side will offer basketball training and development to all age groups. The other side will offer selected players within our program the opportunity to play together in a team setting at multiple tournaments, leagues and events.
The Nevada C.C. Wolverines is unique in the fact that we are the only basketball academy in Northern Nevada that gives high school athletes the opportunity to play in front of college coaching staffs.
Participants will receive instruction from former college athletes and current or former professional athletes.
The Nevada C.C. Wolverines provides the opportunity for each participant to better their basketball and social skills, while getting a better understand of life skills.
Staffing & Coaching
Staff and coaching will be provided by current and former college and professional athletes and coaches. Click here to meet the coaches and members of our staff
The Nevada C.C. Wolverines are open to all boys ages 18 and under. The training and development sessions will provide all Academy members with an advanced learning environment.
- The practice times and days are as follows:
- Monday 5:30- 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday 5:30- 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9:30- 11:00 a.m. (plus optional scrimmage time from 10-11:30)
- Times subject to change in summer months.
*The Wolverines will host their practices at the Wooster High School, 1331 East Plumb Lane Reno, Nevada 89502.
The Wolverine practices will offer challenging and advanced drills being taught by a coaching staff that consists of current and/or former college and professional athletes and coaches. Each program member will receive hands on instruction and individual attention from the Wolverine coaching staff.
The Wolverines will also provide a traveling team(s) that will consist of selected program members.
- These players will be determined by the coaching staff based on:
- Individual Skills
- Work Ethic
Schedules for tournament dates will be handed out when the traveling rosters have been finalized.
The Nevada Wolverines Basketball Program will not require any initiation fees. Our monthly fee is $125 per child. This is asked to be paid at the beginning of each month.